Homeopathic Remedies for Asthma
Homeopathic remedies for asthma are effective in giving relatively quick relief to asthma symptoms during an asthma attack.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease that causes wheezing, coughing, chest congestion, and shortness of breath.
Many people consider asthma a childhood illness, but asthma can develop at any age. In fact, most people with asthma are adults. About 14 million Americans now have asthma.
Asthma is a potentially life-threatening disease, and if you suffer from asthma, you should be under the care of a good doctor to monitor your conditions.
Natural asthma remedies can be effective in alleviating some asthma symptoms and reducing the frequency of attacks, and can be used as supplemental treatments. One
effective natural remedy is homeopathic remedies for asthma. With the guidance and supervision of an experienced practitioner, homeopathic remedies can help to
reduce the tendency toward asthma by improving a person's general health.
The following homeopathic remedies for asthma are suggestions for use; however, you should consult a qualified homeopath so that, with his/her help, you can find
the remedy most appropriate for your constitution. Long-term use of the proper homeopathic remedy can help to reduce your susceptibility to asthma attacks.
Please remember, however, that homeopathic remedies for asthma cannot replace emergency medical care in a serious attack.
Common Homeopathic Remedies for Asthma
Choose a remedy that most closely match your symptoms. Use a low dosage (e.g. 30C) and follow the instructions on the label.
- Aconitum napellus: This remedy is for sudden asthma attacks that happen after exposure to cold air. The attacks usually cause
tremendous anxiety and fear.
- Arsenicum album: This remedy can be used for chronic and acute asthma. It is for people who feel exhausted, restless and anxious.
They usually feel better sitting up and having warm drinks. Lying down, cold air, and night time (between midnight and 2 a.m.) tend to trigger the asthma.
Other symptoms include dry wheezing, with burning pains in the chest and heat in the head.
- Carbo vegetabilis: This remedy is for people who feel chilly and faint, yet feel better when there is moving air, such as sitting beside a fan
or open window. They tend to have gas and digestive upset, and may feel some relief sitting up and burping. They feel worse from talking, eating, or lying down.
- Ipecacuanha: This remedy is helpful if there are a lot of mucus formation, coughing spasms, gagging, and vomiting. People
needing this remedy may sweat a lot and feel clammy or nauseous. They feel worse from motion, and sometimes from warmth.
- Kali carbonicum: This remedy is for people who have asthma attacks that are worse between 2 and 4 a.m. They are usually chilly, and
they get some relief by sitting up and leaning forward.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This remedy is for people with asthma triggered or worsened by cold, damp weather. Symptoms are often worse from
4 to 5 a.m. The person may hold the chest while coughing, because it feels so weak. Physical exertion aggravates wheezing and breathing difficulties.
- Nux vomica: This remedy is for a constricted feeling in the chest and fullness in the stomach or stomach upset. Asthma symptoms
are often worse in the morning upon awakening. Over-indulgence in food, especially alcohol, sweets, or strong spicy food can bring on or aggravate symptoms.
The person feels chilly and irritable, and warmth and sleep often bring relief.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is for asthma symptoms that are worse in the evening; in hot and stuffy rooms; or after eating fatty foods.
Coughing brings up yellow-colored mucus, with gagging and choking. The person wants fresh air and to be comforted by someone. (This remedy is often useful in
Natural Asthma Remedies
Herbal Remedies for Asthma
Balch and Stengler, Prescription for Natural Cures, (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2004).
TOP of Homeopathic Remedies for Asthma
|Top 10 Most Visited Pages|